Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life's whirlwind keeps spinnin'!

Between work, family, life, music, and art, it's been hard to squeeze in time to exercise or meditate or do anything else, for that matter. Still, if I can walk every day and squeeze in a couple runs during the week I'm pretty happy. It is time to get back on the bike, though, and maybe back in the gym.

I did manage to debut 4 original tunes at a recent gig (8/16 for the opening of "Trickster," a show at the Fuller Lodge Art Center that my wife and I both had fine art pieces in; see my previous "Fly Art" posts) where I actually played guitar. First time in a few years. My fingers were blistered, when it was all said and done, but I was pretty happy with how the gig turned out and how quickly my (admittedly limited) guitar skills came back. My good friend and band mate DK joined me (also on acoustic, which was also weird for him as he's an electric player), adding leads and a few of his originals as well. Thanks to our friend and bandmate Rob for loaning us his (AWESOME) PA system. Here's a pic from the event (thanks to my lovely wife!):
(man, look at those nerds!)
I've been gigging pretty heavily with the Affordables, though we had a couple weeks off. Coming up, we are playing this Thursday (8/22) at the Cowgirl Hall of Fame restaurant in Santa Fe, which hopefully will get us a toe in the door on the other side of the Rio Grande. Friday 8/30 we are playing the Gordon's/Los Alamos Concert Series gig, our first as headliners (we opened in 2011 for Junior Brown (!) and in 2012 for the Tiho Dimitrov Band). September 14 we're back at the Pajarito Brewpub and Grill. After that, I hope to get back into the "swing" of the jazz band. The gig schedule for The Craig Martin Experience has been pretty quiet lately, but may pick up with the holidays approaching.

Yes, I'm still thinking on that alteration instructable I promised. It'll happen!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment